Winter is here and one of the favorite breakfast is parathas!!! There is a wide variety of stuffed parathas like aloo paratha, aloo pyaaz paratha, paneer paratha, etc. This recipe is for Gobhi Paratha, which is a shallow fried flat bread stuffed with grated cauliflower and spices. It goes just perfect with curd and butter.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes around 4 parathas
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Grated Cauliflower (Gobhi) – 1 cup
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carrom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Water for kneading the dough
- Oil or Ghee for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Curd (Plain Yogurt) or Butter for serving.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Gobhi Paratha:
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take grated cauliflower in a bowl (incase you feel there is too much water in it after grating, you can squeeze the gobhi with your palms and remove the excess water). Add ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, carrom seeds, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Divide the dough into 4 equal size balls (or as required). Dust it with wheat flour and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a small round
- Place around 1.5 – 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling to make a normal size paratha. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the paratha on it. When you start getting the brown spots spread some ghee or oil and fry it from both the sides until crisp and brown (as in the picture)
- Your Gobhi Paratha is ready. Serve hot with butter and curd.