A healthy and totally delicious roti to relish in the breakfast, lunch or dinner. We make a mix with fresh spinach and spices then use it as a stuffing for these rotis. Relish them with some white makhan, ghee or even regular butter.
- Upon adding salt to chopped spinach, it’ll release water. So don’t leave for too long as it’ll become too watery. 5 mins or less is more than enough
- If it’s too watery then you can also drain it
- Blanched spinach is an equally good option. After blanching mash the spinach nicely.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 4-5 rotis
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Spinach – 2 cups
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Water for kneading the dough
- Butter or Ghee (Clarified Butter) for greasing the rotis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add chopped spinach, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 5 mins or less then mash it gently, at this stage it’ll reduce and become a little watery
- Take a medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a small round
- Place about 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling to make a normal size roti. Dust it again in between rolling as required and ensure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Flip it when you start getting the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of the tongs and place it directly over the flame. Cook from both the sides by flipping with the tongs. You can even cook it on the tawa itself
- Remove it from the flame and top it with some butter or ghee, enjoy!!!