Mexican Rice Bowl is such a colorful and wholesome meal to enjoy. In the bowl I have cilantro-lime rice, beans cooked in a little garlic, sautéed veggies, some boiled sweet corn and finally guacamole. You can imagine the combination of flavours this bowl has in it.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Boiled Rice – 3 cups
- Boiled Beans – 3/4 cup
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 Cup
- Julienned Capsicum and Bell Pepper – 1/2 Cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup Julienned + 1/4 cup Chopped
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro or Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Guacamole follow recipe here
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Mexican Rice Bowl:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add julienned onion, capsicum and bell peppers. Saute and add ground black pepper & salt. Mix and cook until soft. Your sautéed veggies are ready. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, you can use the same pan. Add 1 tsp garlic and saute until fragrant. Add boiled beans, cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins, your beans are ready. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp in a pan, again you can use the same pan. Add 1 tsp garlic and saute until fragrant. Add chopped onions and cook until soft. Add boiled rice, red chilli flakes and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins. Turn off the flame, add lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix and your rice is ready, transfer to a bowl
- Assemble two serving bowls with rice, beans, sautéed veggies, boiled sweet corn and guacamole. Your Mexican Rice Bowl is ready, Enjoy!!!