An easy and quick breakfast recipe.
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Sooji (Semolina) – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil or Ghee to cook the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sooji Cheela:
- Take a mixing bowl and add sooji, water & curd, mix until smooth
- Add onions, tomatoes, capsicum, cumin powder, garam masala powder, sweet corn, coriander leaves and salt. Mix until smooth, let it rest for 15 mins
- Heat a non stick pan or tawa and spread a few drops of oil, pour batter in the centre to make desired size circle
- Cook till the cheela turns golden, pour a few drops of oil and flip. Similarly do the other side
- Your Sooji Cheela is ready, serve with Tomato Ketchup or your favorite chutney.