One always loves to have a variety in the breakfast. This is a quick recipe. Tasty and different!!! You can even add bell peppers to it.
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Sooji (Rava or Semolina) – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp (for cooking) (I used cooking spray olive oil)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Sooji Cheela:
- Take sooji in a mixing bowl. Add curd. Mix well with the help of a spoon
- Add water and again mix well. Keep aside for 15 mins so that sooji is soaked properly
- Now add chopped veggies – onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Mix well
- Add black pepper powder and salt. Mix well to make a smooth batter. If you feel like adding more water, you can add another 1/4 cup (it depends upon the quality of the sooji)
- Heat a non stick tawa. Spray olive oil (or add a few drops)
- Spread a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make a circle. Make sure it doesn’t break
- Cook on medium flame. Once it’s golden-brown flip and cook the other side for another 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Your Sooji Cheela is ready to serve
- Serve with Tomato Ketchup or your favorite chutney.