Kulcha Sandwich, such a delicious and appetizing dish!!! Basically we replace the bread with soft and fluffy kulcha to make these sandwiches. Stuffing is prepared with paneer (Indian cottage cheese), veggies and pav bhaji masala powder (which makes it even more flavorful). Enjoy it in breakfast or as a snack.
Course: Breakfast or Snack
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 30 Mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Kulcha – 4 pieces (store-bought or homemade)
- Paneer – 200 grams (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Capsicum – 1 cup (julienned)
- Tomato – 2 medium-large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Butter to toast the sandwich
- Salt to taste
- Green Chutney as needed, follow recipe here.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kulcha Sandwich:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until fragrant
- Add onion, capsicum and green chili. Saute until tender
- Add pav bhaji masala powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds
- Add tomato paste and cook until oil separates
- Add paneer, crushed kasuri methi, cream and salt. Mix and cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice & coriander leaves. Mix well and your paneer stuffing is ready
- Take the kulchas and spread some green chutney on the inner side, then generously spread paneer stuffing till the edges on one kulcha and top it with the other kulcha to make a sandwich. Similarly do the other sandwich
- Heat a pan, grill pan or a sandwich maker. Spread some butter and place the sandwich. Toast it from the both sides until crisp and light brown, similarly toast the other sandwich. Your Kulcha Sandwich is ready!!!