Aloo Sandwich is one of the most common sandwiches prepared in Indian homes. Everyone enjoys it in the breakfast or as a snack. To prepare it we take boiled potatoes, mash them, add spices, stuff it between the bread slices and toast them.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 5 mins, Total – 15 mins
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
- Bread Slices – 4 (your choice of bread)
- Potato – 1 large (boiled)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chutney – as required (recipe here)
- Ketchup – as required
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Oil or Butter – to shallow fry sandwiches
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Sandwich:
- Take a bowl. Add potatoes and mash them nicely
- Add coriander leaves, green chilli, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chat masala powder and salt. Mix and make a smooth stuffing. Keep aside
- Take a slice of bread. Spread desired amount of green chutney and ketchup
- Spread desired amount of potato stuffing and place the other slice on top on it
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan or a grill pan or a sandwich maker
- Place the sandwich on it and cook from both the sides with butter till it’s crisp
- Your Aloo Sandwich is ready. Serve with green chutney and ketchup.