Another variety of sandwich which is quite popular in India is Aloo Sandwich. Everyone enjoys it in the breakfast or even pack it for lunch. It is very easy to prepare; take boiled potatoes, mash them, add spices and the stuffing is ready. I have used ketchup and green chutney as a spread, you can skip either if desired.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 5 mins, Total – 15 mins
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
- Bread Slices – 4 (your choice of bread)
- Potato – 1 large (boiled)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chutney – as required (recipe here)
- Ketchup – as required
- Oil or Butter – to shallow fry sandwiches
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Sandwich:
- Take a bowl. Add potatoes and mash them nicely
- Add coriander leaves, green chilli, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chat masala powder and salt
- Mix well and make a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Place a slice of bread. Spread desired amount of green chutney and ketchup
- Spread desired amount of potato stuffing and place the other slice on top on it
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan or a grill pan or a sandwich maker
- Place the sandwich on it and cook from both the sides with butter till it’s crisp and brown
- Your Aloo Sandwich is ready. Serve with green chutney and ketchup.