Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Pyaaz Sabji:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke then add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till translucent
- Add potatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix and cook covered on low flame until potatoes are soft
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves, mix well and your Aloo Pyaaz Sabji is ready.