An easy recipe with aloo. It’s a combination of potatoes and onions.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Potato – 2 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Pyaaz Sabji:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till translucent
- Add potatoes and spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low flame till potatoes are soft
- Your Aloo Pyaaz Sabji is ready
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Phulkas.