The main ingredients of the recipe are in the name itself, Aloo (Potatoes) and Pyaaz (Onions). This is an easy recipe which goes well with dal, phuklas and rice.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a large pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Pyaaz Sabji:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till translucent
- Add potatoes and spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low flame till potatoes are soft
- Your Aloo Pyaaz Sabji is ready
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Phulkas.