Another recipe for savory pancakes or cheela with the goodness of zucchini and chickpeas. It is super healthy and extremely easy to make. You’ll need boiled chickpeas, zucchini, gram flour, regular spices, onion, green chili and coriander leaves to prepare the batter for the pancake. Relish these pancakes with ketchup or green chutney.
Also try: Spinach Oats Cheela, Moong Dal Cheela or Paneer Besan Cheela.
- You can replace chickpeas with black chickpeas and zucchini with bottle gourd (lauki)
- You can use the batter to make waffles as well.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
Servings: makes 4 pancakes.
- Zucchini – 1 (grated)
- Boiled Chickpeas – 1 cup
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 3/4 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carrom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup or as needed
- Oil to cook pancakes
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Chickpea Zucchini Gram Flour Pancakes:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add grated zucchini, gram flour, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, ground pepper, cumin powder, carrom seeds and salt. Mix well
- Add onion, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix well and add water as needed at this stage if the batter is too thick
- Add boiled chickpeas and mix well. Your batter is ready
- Heat a pan, brush it with some oil and spread the batter (you should get 4 medium size pancakes from the batter)
- Cook on a low to medium flame until it turns golden brown and zucchini is cooked nicely, pour a few drops of oil and flip. Similarly cook the other side
- Your Chickpea Zucchini Gram Flour Pancake is ready. Relish with some ketchup, green chutney or your favorite sauce.