Pyaaz Mirch is the easiest side dish recipe. It can be relished with phulka or paratha along with a glass of buttermilk or a bowl of curd.
Course: Side Dish
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Onions – 2 medium (sliced)
- Green Chilli – 6 (seeded and chopped)
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Pyaaz Mirch:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute and then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. Saute on medium flame for 5 mins
- Add coriander powder, cumin power and salt. Mix and saute till onions are crisp and golden brown. Turn off the flame, your Pyaaz Mirch is ready.