Pyaaz Mirch is the easiest side dish recipe. No pickle or chutney at home to go along with food then this is your option. No mood to cook then again this is your option as it can be enjoyed with just roti and curd or buttermilk.
Course: Side Dish
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 15 mins
- Onions – 2 medium (sliced)
- Green Chilli – 6 (seeded and coarsely chopped. You can even chop it with the seeds, I wanted to make it less spicy)
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Pyaaz Mirch:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. Saute and cook on medium flame for 5 mins
- Add coriander powder, cumin power and salt. Mix and cook till onions are golden brown. Turn off the flame
- Your Pyaaz Mirch is ready. Enjoy!!!