An easy recipe for homemade whole wheat flour and ground flax seeds tortillas. Try these in your favorite burrito recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 2 tortillas
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Ground Flax Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + to cook tortillas
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add flour, flax seeds, oil and salt. Mix until crumbly and start adding water in portions to make a soft smooth dough. Cover and set aside for 15 mins
- Now knead the dough again a little bit, if it’s too sticky then dust it as required and divide into two equal size balls
- Take a ball and dust it well with flour. Roll it to make a round thin tortilla, dust in between if required
- Meanwhile heat a tawa or a pan and place the tortilla. When you start getting the brown spots spread some oil and cook from both the sides. Similarly do the other one
- Your Tortillas are ready, keep them in a covered container to avoid them from turning hard.