Paneer Rolls, the name itself is alluring. These are healthy and tasty, yet easy to make.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes 4 rolls
- Crumbled Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Grated Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Oil to cook rotis + 1 tbsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Roll:
- Take a mixing bowl and wheat flour & salt. Mix and add water in portions to knead the dough, make a smooth dough and let it rest for 15 mins
- Now divide the dough into 4 equal size balls, dust the ball with flour and roll it to make a thin roti
- Heat a tawa or a pan and place the roti, cook until you get the brown spots. Flip the roti and spread some oil, similarly do the other side until golden brown. Keep aside the rotis in a covered container to avoid turning them hard
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai. Add onion and capsicum, cook until soft
- Add grated carrot, cumin powder, chili flakes and ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add paneer and salt, cook for 2-3 mins and your paneer filling is ready
- Now take a roti and keep it on a flat surface, place paneer filling in the centre and roll it up. Your Paneer Rolls are ready.