Kathi Rolls are a popular and absolutely delicious Indian street food. To make Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll we wrap mouth-watering Paneer Tikka in a chapati along with some chutney and onions.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins.
Servings: makes 4 rolls
- Paneer Tikka – Follow recipe here
- Chutney – Follow recipe here
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small-medium (thinly sliced)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil for cooking the chapatis + 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls:
- Prepare Paneer Tikka as per the recipe and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl and add wheat flour, 1 tbsp oil & salt. Mix and add water in portions to make a smooth and soft dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take another small mixing bowl and add onions, lemon juice, red chili powder, chaat masala powder & salt. Mix and keep aside the onion salad
- After 15 mins divide the dough into four equal portions and make round balls. Dust the ball with flour and roll it to make a thin chapati
- Heat a tawa or a pan and place the chapati. Cook until you get the light golden spots then flip and spread some oil. Similarly repeat on the other side, cook from both the sides until golden brown. Remove and place it in a covered container to keep it warm & soft. Similarly prepare rest of the chapatis
- Now take a chapati and place it on a flat surface, add some paneer tikka in the center and top it with some onion salad & chutney, and roll it. Your Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll is ready. Serve hot with chutney or as is.