We all relish the tomato basil pasta, this is a similar recipe. Simply take out the pasta and add rice instead, there you get your new recipe. Recipe is a simple and quick one. We also add peppers to it, to have that extra crunch. You can also try this recipe with brown rice and have a happy healthy meal!!!
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins
- Rice – 1/2 Cup (rinsed and soaked for 20 mins)
- Tomato – 3 medium-large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 (chopped)
- Red or Green Bell Pepper – 3/4 cup (chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 1/4 cup (tightly packed) + to sprinkle (chopped)
- Dried Basil Leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Water – to cook rice
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tomato Basil Rice:
- Cook soaked rice, in whatever way you prefer
- While rice is cooking, heat in oil in a pan. Add garlic. Saute for a few seconds
- Add onions and peppers. Saute till it’s somewhere between translucent and light golden brown
- Add tomato paste, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and dried basil leaves. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add cooked rice, salt and fresh basil leaves. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins
- Your Tomato Basil Rice is ready. Sprinkle some fresh basil leaves and serve.